According to Mark Prensky, an observer of education, students in the present era is a native of the digital world are born and grow up with all sorts of sophistication of the digital technology. Their brain is shaped by the digital world received when growing up, when play games, watch digital TV, communicate via mobile phone. See the magnitude of the potential, Spotify this week announced the launch of Spotify Premium for Students in Indonesia and 32 other countries.
Alex Norstrom, Chief Premium Business Officer at Spotify, said in a press release we received that it are very excited to launch the Spotify Premium for Students all over the world and this is the greatest offers and the best for the students.
“Students are music fans the most passionate and active, and we are proud to be able to give millions of students the opportunity to “soundtrack” of their lives with Spotify Premium for students with rates only half the price,” said Alex.
Spotify Premium for Students allows all students who registered to enjoy the premium service and all the benefits that exist with a half of the regular price. Thus, through the launch of Spotify Premium for Students, students in Indonesia can obtain Spotify Premium with only IDR 24.990 (per month).
The offer is open to students for every year of their student life, and is available immediately from this week. Students simply need to visit spotify.com/student, where they can sign up for the offer and start enjoying all of the world’s music wherever and whenever they want to listen.
The launch of Spotify Premium for Students in 33 countries around the world, as a response to the global demand in 36 the market, making it the biggest music streaming Student offer in the world by geographical reach.
To roll out this new service, Spotify has partnered with SheerID, the leading company for software to verify the authenticity and feasibility, in order to help manage and support the program.
Here are the benefits of Spotify Premium for Students in Indonesia:
- Hear the music without interruption, without pause ads
- Quick access to more than 30 million songs whenever You want – by simply pressing the play button
- Listen to your music collection offline – listen to songs and playlists anywhere without using internet data
- Better sound quality with Spotify Premium
Simultaneously with the launch today, Spotify observe how students listen to music streaming app. And they found some interesting facts, such as:
- The Chainsmokers is the most popular artist among the students in Indonesia, based on the habit of listening to music in between the ages of 18 – 21 years over the last 12 months.
- Closer – The Chainsmokers song is most popular among students in Indonesia, based on the habit of listening to music in between the ages of 18 – 21 years over the last 12 months.
- Globally, students are fans of the greatest music on Spotify: Students listen to music about 70 percent of the hours more of music per week than the typical average user.
- Globally, students listen to music the most on Saturday, with the main time in hour 17:00.
- Ten days the largest for students to listen to music that helps them Learn/Focus occurred in mid-December, with the peak day on 12 December.